Flash! The story is gone!
Up until recently I had never
heard of flash fiction, I mean the only reason I wanted to know more is because
it kept appearing in writing competitions. Apparently it’s a new craze, flash
fiction are stories that are super short. Some as short as 300 and as
long as 500, depending on the magazine or competition it could be longer but
the general gist of it, is that it’s a story which you can read in under half an
hour. I've been trying it out myself, and you might be surprised to know its not
as difficult as you might think. I used this article to help guide my story:
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2012/may/14/how-to-write-flash-fiction
I started my story in the middle
and put only vital pieces of information in the story, I think while editing, my main goal
is to keep the story exciting and interesting. My flash fiction idea is about a
stalker, but with a twist (sort of). Anyhow give it a go! Flash fiction its
quite interesting, it just requires a lot of editing and efficiency. And there
is a lot of demand for it, so once you write it, you can enter it in a
competition, who knows you might even win!

Comments
Post a Comment