Inside of me

I was inspired by my sister to write this post. 

I am not sure where the person inside of me resides, he's always there, somewhere. When he's not, I worry, I look around for him, asking around, 'have you seen him' I ask my brain, my brain responds very monotone , 'no maybe he left, if he did, I wouldn't know' I always tell my brain it shouldn't be so monotone, it's not good for us, (our development and our growth)

One day he didn't speak and I looked around for him, high and low, now where I could hear, even after  asking everywhere, I could not hear. I thought I'd be happier without him here. But I lost my drive and I stopped going further, then all of sudden he appeared.

'You're better than that!'
'That's not like you!'
'Hey, what do you think you're doing ? You deserve that job!'

He was annoying alright, and I laughed at how much I missed him. I realised he was everything I needed. He helped me succeed, and he didn't even know it.

Far away in his own life, he doesn't realise how much he resides, inside of me. His voice, a constant memory for me, replaying like a record, all of the  things he used to say. And every day, I live with it, hoping he doesn't go too far away. 

Comments

Popular Posts