Prone to emptiness

I'd like to say it's hard to describe how I feel about life, how often I feel empty, and how easy it is for me to feel down. I was reading about how certain types of people are prone to depression- those that have suffered trauma, those that are more creative, and those more isolated in society. But I would say I fall under the creative category without sounding too pompous... 

Yeah so anyway, I think it's to do with the fact... Hang on, before I go any further, let me say something, I'm not entirely sure how to explain what I mean so if it doesn't make sense.... Let's just say I tried?

Okay so, back to it, I think it's to do with fact that I have so many thoughts and ideas that often I feel empty because of the constant whir in my head. I was saying to my sister how, whenever I hear a song, automatically in my head I have a movie roll of the scenes from my life flashing in my head, and not any standard video either, one with amazing special effects, transitioning and all that malala. 

I think a lot about everything, overanalysing too much. Which leads me to question the meaning of everything, for example 'why am I watching TV when, when I finish, I won't be watching TV, so then I may as well not watch it!'

Excessive right? Well that's me, I curb it in sometimes, other times I can't. So yeah, but when I have work and other duties in my life occupying me, I don't have time to think like that, so I suppose I just need things to keep me busy!


Comments

Popular Posts