A happiness quotient
My life has changed.
It all started after I left university really, some might say that's the beginning of the end right there.
I'd beg to differ.
Surprisingly I secured a job shortly after I left university and in the whir of life I found myself looking to get married too. I am so thankful it didn’t work out and in September I left my job due to my own mental health issues, since then I've been finding what matters to me most.
I have found happiness in a place most unlikely. I thought I might find happiness in a spouse or a job little did I know it had nothing and everything to do with myself.
See, if you're not happy within yourself you can't expect it to magically appear in something else. Happiness is intrinsically rooted in our self perception of the world.
That's what I've learnt. It's all about what I want and how I'll get there. Seeing nature being a part of the world and being grateful have made me more peaceful than I have been in a long time.
Religion plays a part in it too, and I'm working on becoming a better Muslim.
But how you view the world around you plays a huge part on how happy you are, you could have everything in the world but not see it and constantly look for the negative things, in a way having less money is more a of a blessing in that sense. Money is dangerous and it's difficult not to get carried away with too much.
That's what I've learnt, spending every day being happy and grateful as well as growing and being the best version of myself. Some days things get me down, it's inevitable really but it's up to me to change how I see things, to pick myself up and start again.
If you can do that, you'll survive in this world. And every time your life changes you'll be able to cope.
Comments
Post a Comment