Me
I saw you standing there, smiling at me.
I'm wondering whether behind that smile lies a sneer.
I'm about to say I don't believe you, but I don't because you won't agree with me.
You'll tell me I'm silly for thinking.
But I will think, I'll continue to think, and I'll always be thinking.
Though I did before care how you saw me, I know I'll never be what you want me to.
I know my value is better than any value you can ever give me.
You are my family my friend, but still I won't pretend.
I know you cannot define me. And I do not want you to,
I choose to be me, without your labels and definitions.
Your judgements and your 'norms' ....
I am me. With my opinion of myself held by myself only.
I'm wondering whether behind that smile lies a sneer.
I'm about to say I don't believe you, but I don't because you won't agree with me.
You'll tell me I'm silly for thinking.
But I will think, I'll continue to think, and I'll always be thinking.
Though I did before care how you saw me, I know I'll never be what you want me to.
I know my value is better than any value you can ever give me.
You are my family my friend, but still I won't pretend.
I know you cannot define me. And I do not want you to,
I choose to be me, without your labels and definitions.
Your judgements and your 'norms' ....
I am me. With my opinion of myself held by myself only.
Comments
Post a Comment